Though self-hypnosis has been increasingly finding favor as a means to tap the immense potential of brain and use it to one’s advantage, there are still some sections which dismiss it as ‘hocus pocus’. Before we try and figure out the truth about self-hypnosis, let us find out whether there is actually more to the powers of human brain than meets the eye.
It has been quite a while since scientists have been focusing their research on the human brain and its yet undiscovered powers. They have been looking for answers to several questions. Questions like
- How much can human brain perform?
- What are its boundaries?
- Is our brain an ‘endless scope of possibilities’?
- How much of our brain’s potential can we use to create a better life for ourselves?
The list is endless…While many research institutes have been at the task, leading the way is the Pentagon, which is striving to tap into the immense powers of human brain for devising strategies that will help the military fight wars more effectively. In fact, the Pentagon has been investigating the potential role of brain in everything from mind-controlled vehicles to advanced prosthetics.
One of their latest feats is connecting the brains of two lab rats, allowing them to ‘talk’ to each other via cables. But that’s a story for another day. Right now, the focus is on the much talked about ‘mind experiments’.
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa), the research wing of Pentagon has been conducting several mind experiments that will lead the way to new technological breakthroughs and help soldiers fight better and avert dangers more effectively.
Here are 5 such amazing Pentagon mind experiments
- A 24/7 soldier program was created a decade ago which aimed to discern and strengthen parts of a soldier’s brain which are immune to sleep deprivation.
- Darpa’s “Revolutionizing Prosthetics” program involves developing an artificial limb which is regulated by the brain signals of the individual who is wearing it.
- The Cognitive Technology Threat Warning System Project and aims at devising brain goggles which will tap into the subconscious of the wearer and help him detect threats.
- Darpa’s Blast Gauge can measure the exposure of the wearer to any explosion. This technology helps identify individuals with hidden injuries.
- Darpa has also initiated a program which will aid intelligence analysts identify interesting satellite images. Brain patterns of skilled personnel are used to train its filters.
These experiments give us an inkling of the immense and yet undiscovered powers of human brain. Would you want to unlock the potential of your brain and use it to further your growth? Self-hypnosis can be an effective tool in this regard.
Self-hypnosis can help you to expand the horizons of the mind, enabling you to achieve more than you thought you could. You can actually use self-hypnosis on similar lines – to tap into the power of your brain to a large extent; more than what is possible usually.
So try self-hypnosis to explore the boundaries of the mind today!