Life is not a blind walk…at least not for all. We tend to plan our life…we have our hopes and aspirations and we want them to come alive. However, life has a habit of throwing odd balls at us at every corner and often, what we have planned doesn’t turn out to be successful.
Now, at this point of life, you have two options…either to start from scratch or to completely abandon the idea or initiative.
Now, if you are planning to go with option A, which is start from scratch, it would be better if you could learn from previous mistakes and make necessary amendments in your plan. In addition, we have in store for you another option: to use self-hypnosis.
Self hypnosis can actually help you set more realistic goals, prioritize your actions and finally achieve them.
Helpful…don’t you think?
By now, your interest quotient must have perked up considerably and you might want to know how to practise self hypnosis so as to reap its optimal benefits for goal setting and achieving.
We will come to that later. First,
Here’s an evaluation test for you
- How able and competent a person are you? To know this, ask yourself, “Who am I and what am I?”
- You also need to determine your own growth potential, how much effort will you be able to put for achieving your desired goals?
- Next step would be to determine your possible goals.
- Estimate the time involvement…be sure whether you can devote all that time sincerely.
- Now that you know your potential, accordingly select the best possible goal. The goal must be most satisfactory to you and should be in sync with your future plans.
Once your goals are set, there are a few more steps prior to actually practising self hypnosis.
- Write down your goals in positive words: your subconscious will find it easier to identify and focus on things which you want as opposed to things which you don’t want.
- Your goals self-controlled and self-initiated: of course, you can’t change the way other people behave with you, but you can change how you feel about it…how you react to it.
- Write down your goals in sensory based language: since your subconscious stores memories and visualizes the future in this manner, it will find multi-sensory input easier to understand. Here is an example, write something like this, “When I see the exam paper and when I hear the invigilator’s voice saying ‘begin’ I notice how confident I feel”.
- Your goal should have a precise context: it is best to decide on a specific situation when you want something to happen. During the hypnosis session, concentrate on that particular situation for better results.
- Finally, check whether the achievement of your goal has any negative consequences on others and any other situation of your life.
The steps of self hypnosis
- First, read and re-read your goals several times so that it is identified by the subconscious.
- Sit in a comfortable posture to achieve a deep and relaxed state of self-hypnosis.
- Try to visualize yourself as having achieved that goal.
- Also try to be happy and satisfied on having achieved that goal.
- Awaken yourself from the hypnotic state.
When you practise this self-hypnosis session regularly, when you actually visualize the goal every day, you will feel more confident about achieving it.
One goal achieved gives you an extra boost of confidence to achieve the next!
So, get started with it.